What I Do:
How I Do It:
- Create and refine effective outreach methodologies and supporting collateral, from news releases to business and technical thought leadership documents, presentations, blogs, podcasts, Webcasts, and documentation -- rapidly, well, "to style" and "to deadline!"
- Provide assessment, analysis, and insight, into industry- or market-specific trends or into customer, partner, prospect, or user behaviors, via interviews, surveys, or focus groups, in person or via teleconference or online meetings.
- Develop, recommend, and support strategies and actions for business development, technology comparisons and evaluations, IT-business alignment, competitive positioning or other business-critical tasks.
- Build and grow communities of customers, partners, or other key constituencies, via effective, integrated outreach and communications.
- Whatever else makes sense, once we've had an initial discussion (at no cost to you, of course)!
- Per project, based on negotiated pricing per deliverable or "time and materials," whichever works best for your needs and situation.
- As a retained advisor, which includes ad-hoc, on-demand (and discounted!) access to me for specific projects and continuing strategic discussions, priced to be predictable, affordable, and flexible.
- bMighty.com, a resource for IT-using smaller businesses, and Information Week co-produced a virtual event, "A Deep Dive on IT Infrastructures for SMBs." I participated in a keynote panel for that event, "Building Agile IT Infrastructures for Nimble Companies." You can access a replay of that event and the accompanying presentations here (in a separate tab or window); registration is required, but free.
- My long-time friend and professional colleague, James Gaskin, author of the "Technology is Broken" blog among other accomplishments, videotaped a presentation I gave about "The Dark Side(s) of Virtualization" at a conference in 2007. I've lost some weight since then, but I think it gives a good introduction of my presentation style and typical business-centric content focus. Or something like that. Anyway, you can view my presentation and download supporting materials here (in a separate tab or window).
- While at Robert Frances Group (RFG), I wrote and edited a lot of IT industry research and analysis, to which you have access if you have a user ID and password for the company Web site. But even if you don't you can see some examples of my work. You can download a presentation I gave on "Business Process Management & Optimization: From 'Alphabet Soup'to 'Business Knowledge Management'" in Adobe PDF format here, and listen to a podcast of the entire session here
- If you'd like to see writing samples beyond my blogs, to which you can link from the navigation sidebar to the left of this very page, feel free to contact me directly at firstname.lastname@example.org, let me know your specific interest areas, and I'll send you some relevant examples. Or we can just start talking about your specific challenges, and I can write something for YOU!